My birthday! Feb 8th! :)
booty vs booty
I’m always amazed how much control Chris has over that shield. When Tom turns it is swinging around uncontrollably, while in Chris’ hand it stays perfectly still.
because Chris is actually Captain America
A great addition to your garden or back yard. - Bee watering station.
Bees need water just like we do but often times drown in open water. To make a bee watering station you can either do what is shown in the photo above and fill the bowl of a dog/cat watering jug with stones or you can fill a small dish with marbles and add water to that. That way the bees have something to land on!
First post to get this many notes, and I’m so glad it’s this one. ^_^
No fuck bees kill them all
Kill all bees huh? Bees are responsible for pollinating around 80% of agriculture. Bees die, you die. Do research and get over your fears.
bees are so important save the bees
Bees are pretty awesome. I won’t defend yellowjackets, mind.
yellowjackets, i will set on fire. they eat meat and garbage. technically they help by eating crop pests, but they’re so aggressive towards humans and pets that it’s dangerous NOT to kill them when you find a nest near your house.
bees are absolute darlings and essential to human life as well as the environment. they pollinate fruit and vegetables. they make honey — they make more honey than they need, so beekeepers can harvest it without hurting them, it’s like they WANT to share. they can only sting once, it kills them, so they’re very reluctant to do so, and usually you can let them walk on your hands and when you want them to leave just gently blow on them and they’ll go. bees are nothing to be afraid of unless you’re deathly allergic.
you can tell the difference by the presence or absence of fur. if it’s fuzzy, it’s a friend.
bees are fuzzy and they are our friends, help and protect them.
wasps/hornets/yellowjackets are shiny and they hate us, don’t let them nest near your home.
Noo! I get so sad when I see posts like this!
I was ill informed, too when it came to wasps! But darlings I promise they’re important and here’s why:
- Mud Daubers are a sub species of ‘wasp’ that hunt down spiders and feed them to their young. Spiders can range from black windows to a harmless cellar spider, but the point is- you got too many spidders? Start praying for mud daubers.
- Wasps carry yeast in their stomachs! You like wine? Then thank wasps- the babies carry yeast back to grape vines and help boost the grape production!
- They are natures lil’ cleaners. They eat rotting fruit and veggies which can pose health risks to other animals, attract flies and other scavenger pests, and just simply smell bad.
- They’re also pollinators! Just like bees!
Now, this being said- Wasps are very territorial little babies. They want to protect their homes and their life, but wouldn’t you!? Think about it! we’re giant paper-wielding monsters to them that have invisible force fields of death in our giant nest boxes.
By the time we find them they’re already 210% done with every situation, and just wanna be let out!
If you find waspies near your home and you’re allergic, terrified, or have another personal reason they CAN-NOT be there? Then use some all natural repellent, not poison! remember that poison doesn’t just harm the bug you’re directly spraying it at- but birds, other bugs, and sometimes even our neighborhood squirrel, cat, or mouse who comes along to get a tasty (All be it weird) treat!
For example: I’ve heard if you sprinkle cinnamon powder around a nest of bees, wasps or yellow jackets that they DESPISE the smell and will move the nest elsewhere!
Wasps HATE the smell of mint! So get some minty plants going and you’ll be good to go!
Ahh, I didn’t even read the comments, I just automatically reblog the bee watering hole whenever I see it.
Re-reblogging for lilacs comment!
Clint has given each Avenger a name in sign language. Thor is the letter ‘T’ in the motion of a hammer. Steve is a salute with an “R”. Hulk is an “H” over the bicep, but Bruce is the sign for doctor followed by the letter “B”. Natasha is an “N” being shot from his other wrist like a widow bite. His own name is a “C” being drawn back like a bow. Stark is an “S” taking flight, unless Barton is mad at him, then he fingerspells “A.S.” for Anthony Stark, but accidentally on purpose adds a second “S”.
actually this is how giving names work in sign language! usually you sign the first letter of the persons name and a motion that summarises them as a person, or something that reminds you of them!
Fascinating… what would Bucky and Sam be, I wonder?
Bucky is a “B” taken up to the forehead like a salute (so far, like Steve)—but then when he touches his forehead, he switches to the “I love you” symbol. Natasha notices right away. It takes months for anyone else to notice; and when it happens, it’s Tony, who misunderstands and thinks Clint means he loves Bucky. Tony’s “A-S-S” becomes Clint’s default choice.
Sam, I have to think about. I suspect someone else could come up with something fabulous…
Couldn’t Sam’s be an S or F followed by the sign for “bird,” because “Falcon”?
How chicks put on lipstick [via]
I cant stop seeing the beaks as mouths so all of them are just
I THOUGHT THESE WERE GRAPES
why would grapes need to put on lipstick?
to feel beautiful
yo but mermaid monster hybrids though
- vampire mermaids who prey on their own kind — when they get bitten, their scales fall off, their tails turn a slick and fleshy grey, a dorsal fin begins to sprout from their spine, and suddenly there’s six rows of teeth where once there was only one
- mermaid medusas who’ve got eels for hair and it’s not their gaze that can turn you to stone but their song
- fairy mermaids who’re born of spite and mischief — they’re small, the size of seahorses, and they speed through the currents causing mayhem and sometimes destruction
- were-mermaids who turn into huge, hulking great whites when the full moon filters through the deep waters, who cannot be restrained because what shackles can you find in the deep?, who leave blood and guts in their wake
Let’s go deeper
- Mermaid dryads tied to a whole kept forest, fins and hair perfectly camouflaged with their natural habitat. They drift serenely through their gardens until it is threatened, when the whole kelp forest turns on the attacker and drags it down to its death.
- Elementally aligned mermaids - air-aligned mermaids leap joyously from the water and glide on tough fins, punching through the surface of the water like tiny spears of silver-blue. Fire-aligned mermaids drawn to deep volcanic vents, blind and sickly-white with teeth that fit together like a sieve.
- Kraken mermaids.
It’s Mama swan protecting her baby! She doesn’t know the guy is just trying to help.. but then she’s like “Oh.. my bad. Thanks!!”
This is so heartwarming
The fourth gif is so funny. He’s just like, “Just give me a durn blasted second”
it’s almost 2014 already are we still arguing on whether to give female characters the equal amount of screentime on movies as male characters
THIS IS NOT EVEN UP FOR FUCKING DEBATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think about pokemon in non-battle situations a lot. Like pokemon who have been trained/raised to be helpers and assistants than to be battle partners.
Pokemon visiting hospitals to cheer patients up like dogs and cats do. Or ones that help kids learn to read, speak, swim, go through therapy?! Even pokemon who’s abilities help owners with specific disabilities?!
I love thinking of pokemon outside of battle situations.